Check availability and book online to unlock the best prices
We welcome everyone with respect, generosity and care to our self catering Holiday Cottages. We are always on site for your arrival to welcome you and answer any question you may have. Below is some general information about staying at Church House Farm and Your Booking Terms and Conditions. If you have any queries or would like to discuss any aspect of your stay at Church House Farm please call 01287 669303.
General Information about staying at Church House Farm
- To check availability and make a booking click on the BOOK NOW button. All bookings are secured on a credit or debit card with payment due on day of arrival.
- We offer free cancellations for Holiday Cottage bookings up to 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. If you cancel after this date we charge 50% of the booking total.
- New Check-in time on day of arrival is 16:30 to 21:00
- Check-out on day of departure is 9:30
- What we include: all beds made up on arrival, bathroom towels and bath mat, tea towels, oven gloves, dish cloth, sponge scourer, J-cloth, kitchen roll, bin liners, washing up liquid, surface cleaner, 2 toilet rolls. We provide some tea, coffee, sugar, milk and Yorkshire tea loaf for your arrival. There is also salt and pepper. High chairs and stair-gates are available on request.
- The maximum number of guests per cottage is stated on our website and on your booking confirmation. The full name and nationality of all guests over the age of 16 is required by law and under no circumstances can additional guests stay overnight without our prior consent.
- Each holiday cottage has a private entrance and off road parking in front of each cottage.
- There is a shared garden with seating areas which is accessed from the yard.
- Daisy Cottage is the only ground floor bedroom accommodation.
- Taking care of our property. You are responsible and liable for any damage to the accommodation and its contents for the whole of the period included within your booking. We ask that you report any damage or breakages to us straight away.
- Free WiFi is available for our guests, this is rural broadband suitable for general web browsing and connection speeds cannot be guaranteed.
- Mobile phone reception for EE/BT is good here at Church House Farm but there is no reception for Vodafone and O2.
- Location Church House Farm is situated on a quiet lane surrounded by fields 2 miles from the centre of Danby Village and Castleton Village. Church House Farm is an ideal location for a relaxing retreat and to explore the North York Moors and Coastline. We request that consideration is given to the need for peace and quiet of all our guests and the livestock and wildlife around us. Church House Farm is not suitable for parties and groups.
- We have spring water and ask that you help us by conserving water where possible. To help us protect the function of our septic tanks and the surrounding environment please take care of what goes into the septic tanks; only human waste and toilet paper should be disposed of in the toilet, and only liquids (not fats) should go down the sink.
- Pets are not allowed inside any of our accommodation.
- Closest amenities Danby Village (2 miles away) has a Bakery, Coffee Shop, Pub, and The Moors National Park Centre and cafe. Castleton (2 miles away) has a Co-op supermarket, Deli, 2 pubs and Chapel Tea Rooms. Down the lane in Botton Village there is a post office counter inside the Village Store, cheese shop and cafe.
- Food deliveries: most major supermarkets deliver to Church House Farm and we have a super local delivery service Lillie's Kitchen who deliver freshly prepared meals, as well as fruit, vegetables (home or locally grown where possible) and local meat. We can take in your delivery for you from 4:00 pm on your day of arrival; just let us know your delivery slot.
- The main Petrol Stations are 12 miles away, there is a 24 hour petrol station Asda Skelton and there are also Petrol Stations in Guisborough. There is a small petrol station open limited hours in Lealholm Village which is 7 miles away.
- Nearest pub is The Fox and Hounds, Ainthorpe (1.5 miles away) which serves great food in the bar and restaurant 7-days a week. There is the Downe Arms in Castleton High Street, The Eskdale pub and fine dining restaurant also in Castleton (2 miles away), The Duke of Wellington in Danby (2 miles away), and we are 5 miles from the iconic The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge thought to be one of Yorkshire's oldest Inns. There are also excellent pubs/restaurants in the nearby villages of Hutton-le-Hole, Lastingham, Lealholm, Glaisdale and Ellerby.
- Rail Station we are 2 miles from both Danby Station and Castleton Moor Station, which are on the Esk Valley Railway line which runs from Middlesbrough to Whitby, through the Moorland village of Grosmont; where you can pick up the steam train which runs from Pickering to Whitby.
- Dark skies we are lucky to be in one of the best places to see stars because of the low light pollution and clear horizons, with breathtaking views of up to 2,000 stars at any one time. The Moors National Park Centre in Danby is an official Dark Sky Discovery Site.