BOOKING AND AVAILABIITY
Check availability and book direct online to unlock the best prices
- We welcome everyone with respect, generosity and care to our self catering Holiday Cottages.
- Using government and trade association guidelines we follow a rigorous set of cleaning protocols.
- All accommodation is kept unoccupied for a minimum of 24 hours between guest stays.
- Each holiday cottage has its own private entrance.
- We operate minimum 5-night stay.
- We operate contact-less check-in, and we are always on site for your arrival, to extend a socially distanced warm welcome.
Please stay safe and well and we look forward to welcoming you to Church House Farm to enjoy the beautiful North York Moors. Please contact us if you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay at Church House Farm by email or telephone: 01287 669303.
Church House Farm FAQs
- How do I book? Click on the BOOK NOW button to check availability and unlock the best prices. All bookings are secured on a credit or debit card with payment due on day of arrival.
- Cancellation policy? We offer free cancellations for Holiday Cottage bookings up to 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. If you cancel after this date we charge 50% of the booking total. We offer free cancellations for Bed & Breakfast booking up to 7 days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel after this date we will charge 50% of the booking total. In the event of any new restriction on travel or concerns due to COVID-19 we do not charge cancellation fees.
- Arrivals and Departures? Check-in for Holiday Cottage guests is from 16:30 to 21:00 on day of arrival. In order for us to have time to prepare for our next guests we request that guests vacate the Holiday Cottages by 09:30 on day of departure. Check-in for Bed & Breakfast guests is from 16:30 to 21:00 on day of arrival. Check-out is 09:30 on day of departure.
- Where is the property located? Church House Farm is situated on a quiet lane surrounded by fields 2 miles from the centre of Danby Village and Castleton Village. Church House Farm is an ideal location for a relaxing retreat and to explore the North York Moors and Coastline. We request that consideration is given to the need for peace and quiet of all our guests and the livestock and wildlife around us. Church House Farm is not suitable for parties and groups.
- What about accessibility? Daisy Cottage is the only ground floor bedroom accommodation.
- What about children? We welcome families with children in our Holiday Cottages and on request can provide: highchair, stairgate, travel cot (please bring your own cot linen). Children cannot be accommodated in the Bed & Breakfast accommodation.
- Can I bring my pet? We no longer allow pets inside any of our accommodation.
- Is there car parking on site? There is off road parking in front of each Holiday Cottage and outside the Bed & Breakfast accommodation.
- What about wifi? Free wifi is available in the Holiday Cottages and Bed & Breakfast accommodation; actual coverage and connection speeds cannot be guaranteed.
- What about mobile phone coverage? EE/BT has a good signal here but coverage for other networks is poor. Vodafone and O2 cannot usually get a signal here at Church House Farm.
- What about meals? Breakfast is included in the room rate for the Double Room and the Twin Room. We are not able to offer breakfast to guests staying in Holiday Cottages.
- Is there a pub nearby? Our closest pub is The Fox and Hounds, Ainthorpe (1.5 miles away) which serves great food in the bar and restaurant 7-days a week. There is the Downe Arms in Castleton High Street, The Eskdale Castleton (2 miles away), The Duke of Wellington in Danby (2 miles away), and we are 5 miles from the iconic The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge thought to be one of Yorkshire's oldest Inns. There are also excellent pubs/restaurants in the nearby villages of Lealholm, Glaisdale, Ellerby and Hutton-le-Hole.
- Where are the nearest amenities? Danby Village (2 miles away) has a Bakery, Coffee Shop, Pub, and The Moors National Park Centre and cafe. Castleton (2 miles away) has a Co-op supermarket, pub and coffee shop.
- Where is the nearest Rail Station? We are 2 miles from both Danby Station and Castleton Moor Station, which are on the Esk Valley Railway line which runs from Middlesbrough to Whitby, through the Moorland village of Grosmont; where you can pick up the steam train which runs from Pickering to Whitby.
- What about dark skies? We are lucky to be in one of the best places to see stars because of the low light pollution and clear horizons, with breathtaking views of up to 2,000 stars at any one time, when the dark sky panorama is revealed across the North York Moors. The Moors National Park Centre in Danby is an official Dark Sky Discovery Site.
We hope our website has answered any questions you may have about Church House Farm, but please use the Contact Us form if you have any queries, and we will be delighted to assist you in planning your holiday here at Church House Farm. We can also be contacted by email or telephone 01287 669303. We look forward to welcoming you soon.