BOOK ONLINE FOR BEST PRICE OR TELEPHONE +44 (0) 1287 669303
WE ARE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP WITH BOOKING YOUR STAY
We Price Match
If you find our holiday cottage on another website at a lower price we will match it
We welcome everyone with respect, generosity and care to our self catering Holiday Cottages. Each cottage has its own WiFi connection and all our cottages are 'pet-free'. We are always on site for your arrival to welcome you and answer any questions you may have. Below is some general information about staying at Church House Farm and Your Booking Terms and Conditions.
When you book direct we want to offer the best price and if you find our holiday cottage on another website at a lower price for the same arrival and departure dates we will match it. If you have any queries or would like to discuss any aspect of your stay at Church House Farm please call +44 (0) 1287 669303.
General Information about staying at Church House Farm
- To check availability and make a booking click on the BOOK NOW button. Payment of 100% of booking total is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival date.
- We offer free cancellations for Holiday Cottage bookings up to 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. If you cancel after this date we charge 50% of the booking total.
- Price Match: when you book direct we want to offer the best price and if you find our holiday cottages on another website at a lower price for the same arrival and departure dates we will match it.
- To ensure we can provide the highest level of service for our guests Check-in on day of arrival is 16:30 to 21:00
- Check-out on day of departure is 10:00
- What we include: all beds made up on arrival, bathroom towels and bath mat, tea towels, oven gloves, dish cloth, sponge scourer, J-cloth, kitchen roll, bin liners, washing up liquid, surface cleaner, 2 toilet rolls. We provide some tea, coffee, sugar, milk and cake and biscuits for your arrival. There is also salt and pepper. High chairs and stair-gates are available on request.
- The maximum number of guests per cottage is stated on our website and on your booking confirmation. The full name and nationality of all guests over the age of 16 is required by law and under no circumstances can additional guests stay overnight without our prior consent.
- Each holiday cottage has a private entrance and off road parking in front of each cottage.
- There is a shared garden with seating areas which is accessed from the yard.
- Daisy Cottage is the only ground floor bedroom accommodation.
- Taking care of our property. You are responsible and liable for any damage to the accommodation and its contents for the whole of the period included within your booking. We ask that you report any damage or breakages to us straight away. No Naked Flames including candles, tea lights and lanterns are permitted in the property and to protect livestock and wildlife we do not allow fireworks, portable BBQs, Chinese Lanterns, or fire pits.
- Free WiFi is available in each holiday cottage.
- Mobile phone reception for EE is good here at Church House Farm but there is no reception for Vodafone and O2.
- Location Church House Farm is situated on a quiet lane surrounded by fields 2 miles from the centre of Danby Village and Castleton Village. Church House Farm is an ideal location for a relaxing retreat and to explore the North York Moors and Coastline. We request that consideration is given to the need for peace and quiet of all our guests and the livestock and wildlife around us. Church House Farm is not suitable for parties and groups.
- We have spring water and ask that you help us by conserving water where possible. To help us protect the function of our septic tanks and the surrounding environment please take care of what goes into the septic tanks; only human waste and toilet paper should be disposed of in the toilet, and only liquids (not fats) should go down the sink.
- It is important to us that our holiday cottages are affordable and provide good value. We are working hard to reduce our energy use across the site and during this challenging time ask all our guest to reduce energy use, and ensure energy is not wasted by turning down heaters when away from the accommodation, and switching lights off when rooms are not in use.
- Pets are not allowed inside any of our accommodation except assistance dogs for which reasonable adjustments will be made on request.
- We do not have Electric Vehicle (EV) charging and under no circumstances is it acceptable to charge your electric vehicle using a domestic charger from one of the cottages.
- There is a Petrol and EV Charging Station at Asda Skelton open 24 hours, there is at new petrol station at Scaling Dam on the A171, there are Petrol and EV Charging Stations in Guisborough. There is a small petrol station open limited hours in Lealholm Village.
- Closest amenities Danby Village (2 miles away) has a Bakery, Coffee Shop, Pub, and The Moors National Park Centre and cafe. Castleton (2 miles away) has a Co-op supermarket, cafe and 2 pubs. Down the lane in Botton Village there is a Village Store and cheese shop.
- Food deliveries: most major supermarkets deliver to Church House Farm and we have a super local delivery service Lillie's Kitchen www.lilliesfood.co.uk who deliver freshly prepared meals, as well as fruit, vegetables (home or locally grown where possible) and local meat, please place your order well in advance of your arrival. We can take in your delivery for you from 4:00 pm on your day of arrival; just let us know your delivery slot.
- Nearest pub is The Fox and Hounds, Ainthorpe (1.5 miles away) which serves great food in the bar and restaurant 7-days a week. There is the Downe Arms in Castleton High Street, The Eskdale pub in Castleton (2 miles away), The Duke of Wellington in Danby (2 miles away), and we are 5 miles from the iconic The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge thought to be one of Yorkshire's oldest Inns. There are also excellent pubs/restaurants in the nearby villages of Hutton-le-Hole, Lastingham, Lealholm, Glaisdale Egtonand Ellerby.
- Railway Station we are 2 miles from both Danby Station and Castleton Moor Station, which are on the Esk Valley Railway line which runs from Middlesbrough to Whitby, through the Moorland village of Grosmont; where you can pick up the steam train which runs from Pickering to Whitby.
- Dark skies we are lucky to be in one of the best places to see stars because of the low light pollution and clear horizons, with breathtaking views of up to 2,000 stars at any one time. The Moors National Park Centre in Danby is an official Dark Sky Discovery Site.